The following requirements have to be met if you want to apply to the Master’s Degree Program „Applied Neurosciences in Sports & Exercise“.
1. A certificate of university entrance (general or specific to a relevant subject) or, in accordance with a legal ordinance, a certificate of entrance to a university of applied sciences or a certificate of previous educational qualification recognized as equivalent by legal regulation or by the relevant state authority, or satisfaction of the requirements for qualification through professional training or the requirements of the regulations for admission for applicants from abroad.
2. A degree qualification that meets the following requirements:
a) It must be an initial university degree with professional qualification with a normal study period of at least six semesters from Paderborn University or a state or state-recognized university or a state or state-recognized university of cooperative education. Degree qualifications from a foreign state or state-recognized university allow admission provided that the competence acquired does not differ significantly from a degree from Paderborn University as per clause 1. For foreign educational qualifications, the equivalence agreements of the Conference of Education Ministers and the Conference of University Rectors or corresponding statutory regulations shall be observed. Insofar as agreements and conventions of the Federal Republic of Germany with other states about equivalence in the university sector (equivalence agreements) work to the advantage of students of foreign countries notwithstanding clause 2, the regulations of the equivalence agreement shall take precedence. In the event of doubt about the existence or absence of significant differences, the Central Agency for Foreign Education shall also be consulted. The Examinations Board shall determine compliance with the requirements of clause 2.
b) The degree qualification must be in a sports science, health science, physiotherapy or neuroscience subject with a required overall grade of 2.5 or better (or equivalent foreign grade). The Examinations Board shall determine compliance with these requirements.
c) The degree qualification must include the following competences represented by a defined number of ECTS in the required subjects (2 out of 3):
- Physiology: at least 12 ECTS
- Statistics / Research Methods: at least 12 ECTS
- Bachelor Thesis: 12 ECTS
The Examinations Board shall determine compliance with these requirements.
Knowledge of English at the B2 level of the Common European Reference Framework for Languages (CEFR). Knowledge of English can be demonstrated in particular by:
- an Abitur (school-leaving) certificate confirming that Level B2 has been achieved or
- by a bachelor’s degree taught in English in a native English speaking country (= Australia, UK, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, USA)* or
- by TOEFL (internet-based: 87 points), IELTS (5.5), Cambridge ESOL (FCE) or Unicert II.
The certificate provided must be no older than a maximum of two years, calculated from the start of the semester in which enrollment takes place. The limited duration does not apply for the school and bachelor graduation certificates as they do not expire.
Please note: Applicants who studied an english taught bachelor program in any other country than defined above as native countries, need to bring one of the named certificates. Also, recommendation letters confirming English language proficiency at the required level are not accepted as official language proof.
*For a Bachelor’s degree earned in former British Colonies or the Commonwealth Countries one of the named certificates is needed.